Dr. Pindaro E Demertzoglou
5 Crescent Lane, Troy, NY, 12180 | 001 518 250 2094 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Pindaro on LinkedIn
Highly experienced Data and Analytics Professor and Professional
Dr. Pindaro E. Demertzoglou has a PhD in Information Science, (also an MBA, an MS, and BSc) all from American Universities. He taught for twenty-two years at the University in the undergraduate, graduate, and executive levels. He has received the faculty of the year award and best teaching award five times to date. He has taught about 4,000 students with a focus on practical, specific, and applicable knowledge with very interactive class sessions.In addition, he has collaborated in the industry with about fifteen corporations and has over 27 years of experience in data analytics, databases, data management, data integration, data warehousing, and data visualization. He has a proven ability to manage staff and projects, as well as effectively communicate with other departments using advanced interpersonal and communication skills. Leading by example and achieving exceptional results, showcase outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills, along with the constant pursuit for personal and professional development opportunities.
Areas of Expertise
Databases | SQL | Data Management | Data Integration | Visualization through Page Based Reporting | Pivot Reporting through Tableau similar like Power BI/Qlik | Data Warehousing | OLAP Cubes | Project Management | Business Analytics | Research | Consulting | Leadership | Teaching | Public Speaking | Relationship Development | Customer Engagement | Communication | Collaboration | Teamwork | Organization | Attention to Detail | Work Ethic
Programming Languages – SQL | HiveQL and similar like Facebook Presto| VB Scripting | Java Script | Web Servers – Internet Information Services | Operating Systems – Win 2019 Server
Markup Languages – HTML | XML | XHTML | Data Technologies – ADO.Net | ADO | RDS | OLE DB | ODBC
Server Side Technologies – ASP.Net | ASP | OLAP Technologies – SQL Server Analysis Services
ETL Technologies – SSIS | Data Mining Technologies – SSAS | Development Tools –Visual Studio
Databases – MS SQL Server 2019/2017/2016/2014/2012/2008/2005/2000/7.0 or any other database server| Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) | Data Mining (DM), Data Integration Services, and other DB tools, MySQL with MySQL Admin| MS Access | Reporting Tools – Tableau | SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Crystal Reports (Web Reports) | Access Reports
Practical Projects: Pindaro stayed very close to the market by collaborating on practical projects with more than 15 corporations, including Johnson and Johnson, deFacto Global, United Aircraft Technologies, Inc, IPPSEC (ippsecpro.com), Microsoft Corporation Glenmont Partners, IP Logic, Zomega Terahertz Corporation, Groff Networks: Computer IT Support and Managed Services, M&T Bank, LabPrints, Best Western, Collaborations Advertising Agency, Albany Chamber of Commerce, ESCOT Executive Business Services.
Communication: Passionate about working with data, analytics, processes, customers, and people. Possess well-developed written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and value them as the most important asset for project success.
Innovation & Collaboration: Strong, positive track record of innovation and collaboration – able to work with diverse teams in diverse locations, engaging their input and commitment to success.
Publishing: Wrote ten books on SQL and databases which are used as textbooks for the MIS classes at a number of universities and colleges both in the United States and abroad. The same books are used for data analysis work by professionals in multiple corporations. The books have excellent feedback by the industry and academia which is available on Amazon.
Senior Lecturer | Lally School of Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2021
- Taught courses in Data Management and Analytics, IT Project Management, Computer Information Systems, Enterprise IT Integration, and Advanced Data Resource Management.
- Worked on labs using SQL/DW/ETL/OLAP/Data Mining/and SSRS reporting platform. Implemented a new Cloudera platform for the ADRM/DRM labs. Worked on the implementation of a cloud based analytics platform. Updated cases and content for the EITI class to reflect technological changes that affect business integration at the data, process, and application levels.
- Setup experiential learning labs for the students. For example, for the ADRM class students connected to the databases of deFacto for their lab assignments and also worked on a real and live project with Johnson and Johnson.
- Ensured theoretical exposure of cloud based solutions and technologies in all classes.
- Advised Undergraduate and Master’s students on courses, skills, technologies, positions and jobs, entrepreneurship, etc.
Director, Program of Business Analytics | Lally School of Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute July 1 2018 – June 30, 2020
- Managed all aspects of student life in the Program of Business Analytics, including course selection and plans of study, academic advice, career advice, co-ops, curricular practical training, relationships with corporations, job positions, events, etc.
- Grew the Graduate Program of Business Analytics at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute to 93 students from all over the globe.
- Built and maintained excellent long-lasting relationships with all the cooperating departments of the University and contacts in the industry.
Lecturer | Lally School of Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute July 2010 – June 2019
- Worked extensively to develop and offer to the students hands on experiential learning projects involving very complex enterprise level technologies such as on premise and on the cloud database servers, extraction, transformation, and loading technologies, Online Analytical Processing cubes, data warehouses, data mining labs, reporting labs, and big data labs both on premise and on the cloud.
- Engaged in curriculum development in the MIS area.
- Participated in AACSB certification preparation meetings with the rest of the MIS faculty.
- Functioned as a mentor every year.
- Created contacts and projects in the industry to provide real-world experience to the students.
Early Professional Experience
Clinical Assistant Professor | Lally School of Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute January 1999 – June 2010
Senior Systems Administrator| Lally School of Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute January 2001 – 2006
Database Specialist | Lally School of M&T, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute January 1999 – June 2001
Database Developer | Lally School of M&T, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute September 1997 – December 1998
Consultant | The Design Works 1997
Database Developer| Research Committee, Aristotelian University September 1996 – December 1996
Consultant | World Money November 1996 – December 1996
Network/Database Administrator | ACT Library September 1995 – May 1996
Network/Database Developer | ACT Library June 1994 – June 1995
Ph.D. in Information Science – SUNY Albany, Albany, New York | 2007
Masters in Management (Management Information Systems) – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY | 2001
Masters of Business Administration, M&T MBA (Concentration: Entrepreneurship) – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, NY | 1998
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Concentration: Finance) – American College of Thessaloniki (ACT), Greece | 1995
Association of Information Systems
The Lally School of Management Best Teacher Award – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute | 2020
Undergraduate Teacher of the Year Award – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute | 2017
Epsilon Delta Sigma Outstanding Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute | 2017
Certificate of Appreciation from the Dean for Service Dedication to the Class of 2015 – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute | 2015
Epsilon Delta Sigma Outstanding Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute | 2015
The Lally School of Management Faculty of the Year Award – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute | 2009
Pindaro Demertzoglou - Google Scholar